I SCREAM FOR DONUTS! Sundae Single Serve
Three scoops of vanilla ice cream rolled in candied bacon pieces, mini chocolate chips and cinnamon chips. Served on a giant long john then topped with whipped cream, donut holes, and drizzled with peanut butter sauce, hot fudge, and cinnamon caramel sauce.
- 1 each Round Donut, glazed and sprinkled
- 1 #8 scoop Blue Bunny® Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, coated with choice of; chopped candied bacon, mini chocolate chips, or cinnamon chips
- ¼ cup Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 tsp Peanut Butter Sauce, Hot Fudge Sauce, or Cinnamon Caramel Sauce
- 1 each Glazed Donut Hole, Red Velvet Donut Hole, or Cinnamon Sugar Donut Hole
- 1 tsp Candied Bacon, chopped, Miniature Chocolate Chips, or Cinnamon Chips
- 1 each Bacon, candied, Chocolate Decoration, or White Chocolate Cinnamon Decoration
- 1 cup Caramel Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 2 tbsp Yeast, active dry
- 1/3 cup Water, warm
- 1 ½ cup Milk, whole
- 2 ½ oz Shortening, vegetable
- 2 each Eggs, whole
- ¼ cup Sugar, granulated
- 1 ½ tsp Salt, Kosher
- 4 ½ cup Flour, all purpose
- For frying Oil, canola
- Frosting/Glaze (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Place coated ice cream scoop on top of round donut.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with sauce that pairs well with donut coating.
- Top with donut hole that pairs well with donut coating.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with same sauce used on first layer of whipped cream.
- Garnish with candied bacon or chocolate decorations.
- In a small work bowl, whisk together cinnamon and caramel sauce until combined.
- Store in squeeze bottle at room temperature.
- In a small work bowl, whisk together yeast and water, let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to 8 qt. mixer and mix with dough hook on low for 2 minutes or until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and mix for an additional 7-10 minutes.
- Place dough in well-greased mixing bowl and allow to rest until dough has doubled in size.
- On a floured work surface, roll out dough to ¼” thick. Cut into 4 – 5”x 11” rectangles.
- Transfer rectangles to well-greased pizza screen and let rest until dough has doubled in size.
- Carefully drop pizza screen into 350° fryer. Fry for 60 seconds, carefully flip, fry for 60 seconds.
- Remove from fryer. Allow to cool and add frosting/glaze and sprinkle as desired.
• Other flavors of cookies, chocolate chips, or candies can be used to coat and garnish the ice cream.
• Pre-scoop ice cream and freeze for a firm set ice cream that will take longer to melt.Explore More Sundaes