Spiced Mexican Chocolate Float
Degree of Difficulty:
A glass coated in a spicy cocoa-sugar rim, filled with fizzy chocolate soda scoops of "fried" chocolate ice cream and cinnamon ice cream, topped off with Mexican chocolate fudge sauce, fresh whipped cream and finished with a crispy cinnamon churro.
Prep time: Varies
- 3 #12 scoops Blue Bunny® Cinnamon Ice Cream
- ½ cup "fried" ice cream coating (recipe follows)
- 1 Tbsp cinamon sugar
- 4 fl oz horchata
- 4 fl oz lemon-lime soda
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1 each churro
- As needed ground cinnamon
"FRIED" ICE CREAM COATING INGREDIENTS
- 6 cups Corn flakes
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Make the “fried” ice cream: roll each scoop of cinnamon ice cream in the “fried” ice cream coating until completely covered. Re-freeze until firm.
- Dip the rim of a standard pint glass in water, then in cinnamon sugar to create a cinnamon sugar-rimmed glass. (Rimmed glasses can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance.)
- Scoop three coated #12 ice cream scoops into prepared glass. Top with horchata and soda.
- Top float with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Place churro across glass, garnish with additional ground cinnamon if desired.
"FRIED" ICE CREAM COATING DIRECTIONS
- Place corn flakes in a food processor and process until coarsely crushed. Add melted butter, sugar and cinnamon; pulse until butter is evenly distributed.
- Coating will hold, refrigerated, for up to three days.