Old-Fashioned Root Beer Float
Genuine Blue Bunny® Vanilla Ice Cream and root beer blended together for the ultimate root beer float!
- 8 oz. (1/2 cup) root beer
- 12 oz. (3/4 cup) Blue Bunny® Premium Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 tsp. root beer extract
- Place half of the root beer, half of the Blue Bunny® Premium Vanilla Ice Cream and the root beer extract into blender.
- Mix on high for one minute or until blended.
- Pour mixture into tall fountain glass or malt cup.
- Scoop remaining Blue Bunny® Vanilla Ice Cream into glass
- top with remaining root beer to create a "head of foam."
To make a chocolate float, substitute cola and chocolate extract for root beer and root beer extract. Use Blue Bunny® Premium Chocolate or Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream instead of Vanilla. Garnish root beer float with whipping cream and maraschino cherry. Use premium Blue Bunny® Quick Blend™ for a faster-blended float.
Don't let the ice cream sit out too long. It loses flavor and texture if allowed to melt too much.Explore More