Pistachio Ice Cream Cake Roll
Moist chocolate cake is layered and rolled with creamy Blue Bunny® Pistachio Almond Ice Cream, drenched in chocolate ganache and topped with chopped, roasted pistachios.
- 4 cups (32 fl. oz.) chocolate ganache
- 4-1/2 qts. (7.5 lbs.) Blue Bunny® Pistachio Almond Ice Cream
- 2 cups (16 oz.) roasted pistachios
- 2 qts. (8 cups) chocolate cake mix
- 2 – 13” x 9” chocolate cakes
- Make chocolate cake mix according to directions.
- Pour 2 cups cake batter into parchment lined 13” x 9” jelly roll pan and bake according to directions.
- Let cake cool.
- scoop 2-1/4 qts. of Blue Bunny Pistachio Almond Ice Cream on each cake.
- Using a spatula, spread out ice cream leaving 1/2” of the edge of cake uncovered.
- Place sheet pan back in freezer for 5 – 10 minutes, letting the ice cream become somewhat hard again.
- Starting at the 9” side of the cake, roll cake, making a log shape.
- Place back in freezer.
- Heat chocolate ganache and completely cover pistachio cake roll.
- Just before ganache becomes hard, sprinkle 1 cup of roasted pistachios over each cake roll.
- Place in freezer until ready to serve.
Use Blue Bunny® Chocolate Ice Cream or Super Premium Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Instead of covering cake roll with chocolate ganache, slice cake roll and pipe meringue on top.
Cake roll can be premade and stored in the freezer on sheet pans until ready to serve. Freeze dessert plate before serving to decrease melting of ice cream.Explore More