Fried Ice Cream
Blue Bunny's Vanilla bean ice cream scoop is coated with egg white and corn flakes spiced with cinnamon, then quickly fried for a paradoxical paradise.
- 8 Blue Bunny® Pre-Scooped Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Scoops®
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- In shallow dish, combine cornflakes and cinnamon. In another dish, beat egg whites until foamy. Roll ice cream scoops in egg whites, then in cornflakes, covering ice cream completely. Repeat if necessary. Freeze again until firm, 3 hours.
- In deep fryer or large, heavy saucepan, heat oils to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Using a basket or slotted spoon, fry ice cream balls 1 or 2 at a time, for 10 to 15 seconds, until golden.
- Drain quickly on paper towels and serve immediately.