Strawberry French Toast Ice Cream Pockets
Deliciously thick slices of Brioche bread are battered with milk and melted strawberry ice cream, then griddled until golden brown. A pocket is cut into the French toast and stuffed with strawberry ice cream for a decadent treat that can be served for breakfast or dessert.
- 2-2 oz scoops Blue Bunny® Strawberry Premium Ice Cream
- 2 slices of Brioche bread (2.5-3” slices)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp strawberry sauce
Strawberry French toast batter
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp strawberry sauce
- Wisk together
Prep Brioche French Toast
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dip Brioche in strawberry French toast batter (see batter recipe). Do not soak brioche all the way through.
- Melt butter on nonstick griddle set to 350.
- Cook French toast until golden brown on each side, approximately 1-2 minutes per side.
- Set French toast on a roasting rack atop sheet tray and bake for 8 minutes or until center is fully cooked.
- Allow French toast to cool completely, store under refrigeration.
Prep Strawberry French Toast Ice Cream Pockets
- When ready to build, slice 2” slits into the prepared French toast and fill with ice cream.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and a drizzle of strawberry sauce and serve.